Since it is one of the most rapidly changing platforms in all of the social media. And believe us when we claim that a lot happened in 2020 that will have an effect on how you treat Instagram in the future. As the year came to a close, Instagram had hit the 1 billion global user mark.
This huge achievement, which seemed to be reserved for the likes of Facebook, is a testament to Instagram’s tenacity. In reality, Instagram’s user growth has remained steady and shows no signs of slowing. The Digital Marketing Services help you to market your content on Instagram.
Instagram was among the top five most-downloaded apps in both the App Store and Google Play last year, according to Sensor Tower info. In only the second quarter of 2020, the app received 13 million downloads. In terms of downloads, the app is only second to TikTok in the App Store as of January 2021. (occasionally sparring with Facebook).
Let’s take a look at some Instagram numbers and see who is using the site. Recent social media demographics continue to show that the user base is mostly female (34.3 percent) and under the age of 34.
Despite the presence of older users, the site is still overwhelmingly dominated by Gen Z and Millennials. Some latest Instagram stats collected by Statista reaffirms this point. Instagram is known for its rabid user base, in addition to catering to the younger demographic. For example, 63 percent of Americans claim they check Instagram on a daily basis. Combine this information with an Australian study, which found that the average Instagram user spends at least 7 hours a week on the site.
The most important takeaways
Instagram’s user base has been steadily growing, especially among the younger demographic. In addition to the above argument, Instagram users are among the most devoted in terms of how much they log in. The sheer volume of app instals emphasises the significance of mobile optimization for your Instagram marketing campaign. Listed below are the Tools for Creating Engaging Instagram Video Content.
Content statistics on Instagram
Marketers have been caught off guard by the Instagram algorithm in the past, and this pattern appears to be set to continue in 2021. According to recent Instagram figures, organic engagement has decreased from 1.60 percent in 2020. According to RivalIQ studies, the average interaction rate is 1.22 percent. Is it possible to make a long story short? Organic engagement isn’t what it was before.
So, in order to combat the phenomenon of lower scope, what types of content should brand prioritize? According to Bannersnack’s research, carousel posts have the highest engagement rate (1.94 percent), followed by photos (1.74 percent), and video posts (1.74 percent) (1.45percent).
On Instagram, average engagement rates per carousel, picture, and video message. This can come as a surprise given how little Carousels are discussed in comparison to Reels or Stories.
Video content, on the other hand, continues to grow in popularity. During the COVID-19 pandemic, interest in binge-watching content skyrocketed, with 70% of advertisers expecting to raise their video expenditure. This follows Instagram Reels and the impending competition.
In that vein, TikTok (29%) narrowly beats out Instagram (25%) as the most common social media site among teenagers. Expect Instagram to continue to promote Reels in terms of content. With the possibility of Reels advertisements on the horizon, brands should consider dipping their short-form video into both Instagram and TikTok rather than picking one.
According to Instagram, 500 million people use Stories every day, and brands account for one-third of the most-viewed stories. Stories should be a staple of your content strategy, particularly because they allow brands to “jump the line” in their followers’ feeds and aren’t hampered by the Instagram algorithm.
In conclusion, the best times to post on Instagram are Wednesday at 11 a.m. and Friday from 10–11 a.m., according to our data. Posting at times when the audience is most likely to be active should be standard procedure. Sprout Social, for example, will assist with this. The best times to post on Instagram are represented in a heat map.
The most important takeaways
Your content strategy should continue to prioritise stories, carousels, and short-form footage. With so much content out there and so much competition, even the smallest aspects of optimization (think pacing, captions, and bio) matter. As engagement rates decline, brands should consider using Instagram advertising to complement their content.
Brands’ Instagram figures
Finally, let’s take a look at some general Instagram statistics for brands to remember in 2021. 90 percent of people now follow a company on Instagram, according to a widely quoted statistic that has risen year over year. As proof of how the platform is becoming more brand-friendly, look no further than the steady roll-out of new business features and shopping choices for ecommerce merchants.
This could explain why Instagram has become the most successful site for brand followers. This demonstrates not only how to sell goods on Instagram, but also how to provide customer service and support. However, keep in mind that Instagram is no longer just a B2C platform; 46 percent of B2B content marketers used organic Instagram in the last year.
While not as famous as LinkedIn (95 percent) or Twitter (86 percent), Instagram’s popularity among B2B professionals is growing. Company influencers and SaaS marketers, for example, are gradually but steadily staking their claim on the network.
The most important takeaways
Organic Instagram is beneficial for both B2C and B2B brands in terms of increasing brand recognition. More people are following brands on Instagram than ever before, suggesting that the site will one day compete with Facebook in terms of shopping and advertisement. Even if Instagram doesn’t generate direct sales, it’s still an important part of every social media funnel for informing and cultivating consumers.
Listen up: Instagram is a rapidly expanding and ever-evolving social media platform.
Knowing how to adapt is key to making the most of the platform. Hopefully, the above Instagram statistics will assist you in mastering the platform this year. If you’re still looking for tips or ideas about how to make the most of 2021, check out our most recent guide on how to build a social media marketing plan.
1. The average engagement rate on Instagram is 1.22 percent. That’s 13.5 times more than a Facebook post and 27 times more than a Tweet (Rival IQ)
2. Instagram has a 1.22 percent average engagement rate, which is 13.5 times higher than Facebook posts and 27 times higher than a tweet.
3. Wednesdays at 11 a.m. and Fridays between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. are the best times to share on Instagram (Sprout Social)
4. Posts with faces on Instagram earn 38% more likes than posts without faces (Georgia Tech)
5. According to a 2020 survey, Higher Education outperformed all other industries in terms of post-engagement, with 3.57 percent (Rival IQ)
6. The same study discovered that posting on Instagram more often is not linked to higher engagement.
7. In Canada, New Zealand, and other countries, Instagram is currently testing the removal of like counts and the like button entirely (Business Insider)
8. Any user who is tagged in an Instagram post receives an extra 0.5-1 like (Mention)
9. Every day, Instagram receives 4.2 billion likes (Smash Social)
Instagram Stats in Video
It’s all about the stories. Posts with video. IGTV is an online video site. There’s no denying the video on Instagram is already trending. Do videos, on the other hand, perform better than images? If that’s the case, how do they compare? These Instagram video statistics have you covered.
10. The amount of time users spends viewing video on Instagram has risen by 80 percent (Instagram)
11. In 2020, image posts got more average likes and comments than permanent video posts for the first time (Mention)
12. Image posts receive 106 comments on average, compared to 94 for videos and 82 for carousels (Mention)
13. Similarly, photo engagement rates are nearly twice as high as video engagement rates. Videos have a marginally higher average rate of 0.7 percent, while photographs have a rate of roughly 1.4 percent. (Rival Headquarters)
Statistics on Instagram Stories
Instagram Stories are one of the most effective ways to increase interaction on the platform, according to social media marketing experts. After all, you just have 24 hours to watch them… or they’ll disappear.
14. Millennial Instagram users watch 68 percent of Stories on the site, compared to 49 percent on Snapchat (Digiday)
15. Businesses are responsible for 33% of the most famous Instagram posts (Instagram)
16. Every day, Instagram Stories are viewed by over 500 million accounts (Instagram)
17. For endorsed promotions, 55.4 percent of Instagram influencers use Stories (eMarketer)
18. For sponsored campaigns, 55.4 percent of Instagram influencers use stories.
19. Almost seven out of ten users swiped up to access links on branded stories.
20. Every month, 60% of Instagram Stories users have an interactive feature (hashtag, @mention, or poll sticker) in at least one of their Stories (Instagram)04.
Demographics on Instagram
It’s no secret that Instagram is used by people all over the world, with over 1 billion users. The question is, which country has the most Instagram users? What age group is the most active on Instagram? You’re right if you said “United States” and “Teenagers.”
21. The top three countries with Instagram users are the United States (130 million), India (100 million), and Brazil (91 million).
22. Instagram is used by 37% of adults in the United States (Pew Research)
23. Instagram is used by 72 percent of American teenagers (Pew Research)
24. 25–34-year-olds make up the largest group of Instagram users, accounting for 25.2 percent of all Instagram users (Statista)
25. Approximately 29% of smartphone users worldwide are on Instagram (Statista)
Benchmarks and Trends in Instagram Marketing
Now it’s time to go through some Instagram Marketing statistics that show how people use the website, who they follow, and how businesses use Instagram to increase traffic, leads, sales, and visibility.
26. Instagram has a monthly active user base of over one billion people (Instagram)
27. On a regular basis, 60% of all Instagram users visit the social media site (Pew Research)
28. A company is followed by 80% of Instagram users (Instagram)
29. The website is used by 68 percent of weekly Instagram users to connect with developers (Instagram)
30. For 42 percent of Instagram users in the United States, shopping is a pastime (Instagram) 31. 72 percent of Instagram users claim they’ve bought something after seeing it on the app (Business Insider)
32. Every day, Instagram users post over 100 million images and videos (Omnicore)
33. Every month, more than 150 million people use Instagram Direct to connect directly with businesses (Instagram)
34. Instagram has over 25 million company profiles (Instagram)
35. Every day, more than 200 million Instagram users visit one or more company profiles (Instagram)
36. Instagram is being used by 73 percent of advertisers (Social Media Examiner)
37. More than 50,000 followers are kept by 4.9 percent of all Instagram users (Mention)
38. On Instagram, 52.35 percent of users have fewer than 1,000 followers (Mention)
39. On average, major brands post to Instagram 1.5 times a day (Buffer)
40. Instagram users in the United States spend an average of 53 minutes a day on the app (Vox)
41. Every month, half of all Instagram users use the Explore feature (Instagram)
42. In 2018, the heart emoji was the most common emoji in Instagram comments (Instagram)
43. After Facebook, Instagram is the second most powerful social media site for advertisers (Social Media Examiner)
44. Over the next 12 months, 67 percent of marketers expect to increase their organic Instagram operation (Social Media Examiner)
Hashtag Statistics on Instagram
Do hashtags increase or decrease engagement? There’s a theory that hashtags will help you get noticed in the “Explore” feature. Let’s see if the data backs up the use of hashtags on Instagram.
45. There was no association between the number of hashtags on a post and interaction in a study conducted by mention (Mention)
46. #love, #photography, and #instagood are the top three hashtags on Instagram (Mention)
47. 70% of Instagram hashtags are associated with a brand campaign (Omnicore)
48. In fact, using more than six hashtags can reduce engagement (Mention)
49. Pizza is the most often hash tagged food on the planet (Telegraph)
Advertisement Statistics on Instagram
In the world of digital marketing, Instagram Ads are the hottest new trend. This isn’t surprising: Instagram is “stealing” time and resources from social media sites like Facebook. And, since advertisers must go where their future buyers are, it’s likely that they’re spending a lot of time on Instagram.
We can’t discuss Instagram numbers without mentioning influencers. Although there has been some uncertainty about whether influencers can survive the test of time, the figures speak for themselves. According to Instagram, 87 percent of people say that an influencer influenced their decision to buy something. They also notice that 70% of “shopping fans” use Instagram to find new items.
Even if people don’t buy directly from influencers, there’s no denying their role in making Instagram a shopping destination. According to MediaKix, regular picture posts (78 percent) and Stories (73 percent) are the most effective forms of influencer content for those who do buy from influencers.
50. Instagram is used by over 2 million advertisers (Instagram)
51. Instagram is used by over 2 million advertisers.
52. Instagram ads have an estimated cost-per-click of $0.70-$1.00. (HubSpot)
53. Females have a higher cost-per-click than males (AdEspresso)
54. The cost-per-click on iOS devices is the largest (AdEspresso)
55. By the end of 2020, Instagram’s ad revenue is projected to account for 30% of Facebook’s overall ad revenue (Vox)
56. Instagram’s ad network is used by 38% of advertisers on a daily basis (Social Media Examiner)
The most important takeaways
Instagram’s ad network is rising in popularity, but not quite to the same extent as Facebook’s. Every year, new ad types emerge, giving advertisers more creative control of their campaigns than ever before (signaling both challenges and opportunities). Despite rumblings from critics both before and after the pandemic, influencers still have staying power.
The business on Instagram is growing rapidly Instagram. The Data and IT services help your business grow on social media. We prefer to use Instagram as its growth is not at all decreasing and since it has a greater number of users, chances of reaching more people are facilitated. You can also extend your business across other social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube in order to reach out to many people.
The quality of content also plays a major role. So, put more planning and effort into it. Try to create on-trend content to capture the audience towards your business. We believe that this information was useful in creating engaging Instagram posts. Also, YouTube statistics also help in audience gathering and boost the market growth. We wish you the best of luck!
Read This Blog: Facebook Stats All Marketers Need to Know in 2021