Technology has paved us a colossal way to make a better leap and lead our life sophisticatedly. So in that order, we would not miss out on the most desired component for us especially during summer, that is Air-conditioner. Air-conditioners have ruled the world since 1900, but it can be rightly said that it has been overruling India especially since the 1950s. That’s how they have started engrossing as a vital tool. Let’s just think for a second that if we don’t have AC in almost all the places like the home, mall, theatre, car, hotels, offices, etc.
We would have gone through something so spooky and had intimidating thoughts. So for a change let’s reverse the thought like you have AC but it remains still due to some faults or issues and you are not getting a mechanic to service your AC. It makes you go mad when such a situation pops in. So, in this situation, we need an AC service provider who might help us with our needs.
Talking about AC, we first need to know what AC is and it’s working. This might help us to know when and for what we need AC services and know what is the problem with the AC. As we all know air conditioners are cooling devices that keep a place or area cool. This is required when we return home after a long tiresome day from work or when the climate is peak summer.
The cool air that gazes us is needed for proper relaxation. AC consists of five primary components namely- Evaporator, Compressor, Condenser, Expansion valve, Refrigerant. It works by collecting hot air from surrounding processes with itself with the help of refrigerant and a bunch of coils and then releases cool air into the same place. Each component has its own role in converting hot air to cold air.
- Evaporator: It is basically a heat exchanger coil that’s responsible for collecting heat from a room through a refrigerant gas. The liquid refrigerant evaporates to become gas here.
- Compressor: The gaseous component is compressed here.
- Condenser: It converts the vapourized gas into liquid and releases heat outside.
- Expansion valve: It helps in movement of refrigerant in evaporator.
So, the proper functioning of all these components is necessary for the proper functioning of an AC. Generally, there are two-three types of AC available-
- Window AC
- Split AC
- Centralized AC
The working remains the same in all three types.
BENEFITS OF AC:
In this modern technological world, people are adapted to a life with more comfort. They rely on a comfortable lifestyle for their day-to-day activities. One best use of AC is that it makes people comfortable. Some other benefits include:
- Reduces the possibility of asthma attacks
- A secure home
- Cool place to exercise
- Less insects and parasites
- Better sleep
- Prevents electronic devices from overheating
- Work performance increased.
- Reduces the risk of dehydration
- Reduces the risk of heart stroke
- Less noise
Given these many benefits of an AC, it is necessary to maintain it properly for its functioning. For this maintenance, there is an option of having AC services at regular intervals.
NEED FOR AC SERVICE:
An AC is also a machine that will experience wear and tear, so it’s important that is serviced at regular intervals. This servicing can be done by calling any service provider.
- Stay healthy: It is important that you and your family stay healthy as well as breathe clean air. If an AC is choked with bacteria, dirt and dust, it can lead to various health issues, such as asthma or allergies. Thus, after AC service is required to remove all those bacteria and dirt effectively, circulating clean air around your room.
- Cleaner air: By having an AC being serviced regularly, we can ensure clean air filters and units. This will ensure that you are constantly breathing in clean air that are free of dust, bacteria and pollutants. It will also reduce dirt, dust, and bacteria from piling up in the unit.
- Lifespan extension: AC units are similar to most machines where servicing is required to make sure that the units are running in top-notch condition. Expensive AC units are needless if it’s not maintained properly. A qualified service technician will help to check all the parts and ensure they are clean. Thus, this will not only ensure that your units are running in top-notch condition, but will also increase the lifespan of the units in the long run.
- Major breakdown reduction: No one likes when the AC breakdowns as it will disrupt the whole schedule and even frustrates people because of the heat. Thus, it is crucial to get your units serviced regularly to prevent any utmost breakdown or malfunction issues.
- Cost saving in the long run: Given that AC servicing is expensive, your electricity and repair bills may be even higher in the long run. A unit without regular maintenance can cost you more such as higher electricity bills, as well as high repair bills if there is any major repair required due to poor maintenance. Small issues that are not aware can eventually lead to major issues that lead to breakdown or malfunction problems. With malfunctioning AC or reduced cooling efficiency, you can expect your electricity bills to rise.
- Extensive replacement prevention: Other than high electricity bills or repair, a poorly maintained machine can give many problems which may require replacement which are expensive. Hence, it is better to get AC serviced, to save those costs as well as to get cooled air. This will also help your unit to last longer.
- Stay cool: Many people would not want to suffer under the heat in the home or office, which means regular AC servicing is even more important. When units malfunction, it will not only result in expensive repair costs, but it prevents the cooling air during that hot period.
- Save the earth: When your AC faces problems such as refrigerant leakage, it will release hydro-fluoro-carbons(HFC), or any man-made greenhouse gases. All those are harmful gases towards the environment that promotes global warming. Technicians could help to recycle such gases from the machine, but not all do that. However, in most cases, people are not aware they are facing refrigerant leakage if they did not seize regular AC servicing.
- Remove smelly air: Sometimes your AC unit will emit a foul odor in your home or office. This is often due to mold, bacteria and dirt accumulating in your unit. If you ever smell any unpleasant odor coming out from your units, you should immediately engage a service company to check the condition of your units and get rid of the smell.
- Compliance with warranty: Different manufacturers have different warranty conditions. However, some require users to engage regular AC servicing to maintain the unit in good working condition. Thus, preventing yourself from voiding the warranty, it is best to check any conditions stated or get your AC serviced.
AC SERVICE PROVIDER:
Having these many needs for an AC service, the next question is who will be doing this service. The answer to this will be AC Service technicians. They are the people who are available at certain working hours to check the proper working condition of AC and to make sure that it doesn’t show up for faults in future, provided the conditions are good. They can be contacted through the AC company or through AC repair service providers who provide the service. If an AC is bought in a showroom, then they might provide the service for AC from the same showroom or the dealer supplying AC can provide the repair services.
The technicians will reach out to your doorstep and look for the issues and rectify them. AC Repair services will help people in reaching the technicians who can look into the problem with the AC, troubleshoot them and rectify it. They might also suggest AC change if the problem is severe or it will again be occurring. These people might also suggest replacements if needed after ensuring the AC will work in the long run.
WORKS OF AN AC REPAIR SERVICE:
- Air filter and units cleaning: During an AC service, the technician washes and cleans the air filter. The condenser units are also rinsed and cleaned for any molds and dust build-up when servicing.
- Condenser and Evaporator coil cleaning: During an AC service, the technician cleans the dust from the condenser, evaporator coil, and other key components of the system. In a split AC, the condenser coils are present in the outdoor unit.
- Condenser and Evaporator fan cleaning: During an AC service,the technician cleans the dust and molds from the condenser and evaporator fan blades.
- Coolant level check: During an AC service, the technician checks if the coolant level is just right in the cooling or evaporator coils. If the level of coolant is less than the required amount, the technicians suggest adding coolant to the system to have effective cooling.
- Drain Cleaning and Leakage check:During an AC service,the technician checks if the water is dripping or pooling anywhere in the unit. He also checks if there is any leakage from the pipes and tubes inside the AC unit. While performing AC service, the technician cleans the drain and removes the dirt to prevent the problem of water leakage from the AC unit.
- Overall inspection of AC unit: AC technician performs the inspection of key components of a unit like a compressor, fan motor, evaporator unit, condenser unit during an AC service to check for any fault. If any fault is found in the components during AC service then the technician suggests a repair or replacement as required.
The best way to get optimum performance out of your AC is to have it serviced regularly. In order to achieve service, it is better to reach technicians through AC repair service providers or through the company where the AC is bought. Though there are oodles of ways by which an AC technician can be approached, you have to be aware and cross-check for the contacts that you get through internet sources. It’s always good to have your AC thoroughly checked at least once every year before the advent of summer.
Also Read: How to hire an AC Service professional